Dump Flooding

Gravel Pack, Artificial lifting systems, Vertical Lift Performance and Well bore problems.......

Moderator: Production

mjavad77

Dump Flooding

Post by mjavad77 »

Can anyone give me idea how to use PROSPER to model DUMP FLOODING and to predict CROSS FLOW RATES in dump flooding from High pressure sand into Low pressure sand. I will really appriciate if anyone helps me in this regards.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

You cannot model that in PROSPER directly
If your low pressure formation is shallower than the high pressure you can tell the software that you have a producing well and the length between the two formations will be considered as a depth and ask the software to calculate the top node pressure (WHP) which is the pressure against the low pressure zone

if the length is small (lower than 3000 ft), perform the darcy formula on radial flow against the two intervals

In case of the high pressure zone is shallower than low pressure assume the well is an injector and vice versa
mjavad77

Post by mjavad77 »

Thanks Fanarco, i really appriciate your reply. I used the same technique to solve for dump flooding but i m not sure whether the model is correct or not. I am evaluating thid model. However, i will work on your second option.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

If you can run PLT it will be more accurate
mjavad77

Post by mjavad77 »

i had the PLT and i matched the model with PLT results by varying the PI. OK i will send you the model as soon as i get back to office. I am in the field for a project.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Ok,
I am waiting