Questions concerning Laptop system recovery

All Computer and Internet related topics
X880862531X

Questions concerning Laptop system recovery

Post by X880862531X »

Dear friends,

We know that laptops r equipped with a recovery system to be used in case of having problems with the operating system, software or device drivers. This recovery system exists in the form : recovery partition, CD, DVD or folder stored on the hard disk.

I know that the laptop becomes in the factory default status after launching the recovery system. My question is : [highlight=yellow]After launching the recovery system, what will happen with the data stored by the user?[/highlight] .. I mean user's files ( Movies, ebooks, documents, games,.... )
Also, [highlight=yellow]can we use Norton Ghost instead of the recovery system ?[/highlight]

I am waiting 4 yr answers & comments..Goodbye..
Best regards,
[highlight=yellow]Hosam[/highlight]
Forum administration member

Petroleum engineering B.Sc

3-2010 : 3-2011
Assistant petroleum production consultant

3-2011 till now
Well completion & workover supervisor
AZoro

Post by AZoro »

for the second question...u cant use norton ghost instead of the recovery system because it has been saved in a different format not (.gho) which is used by norton ghost

and for the fist question am not sure but i think it will only restore the root drive (usually c: ) to the original state so only files in root drive will be lost but other partitions will remain the same

but u can return for the recovery manual and see about that may be it change from one manufacture to another

also DONT edit root partition (resize-create new partitions ) it will remove the recovery DOS system and u will not be able to use the recovery images unless u have the recovery software reinstalled

(answer based on Toshiba laptop experience )
thanks
redflower

Post by redflower »

if you recover the system to the original factory just root drive (C:) is restore other pertitions will remain the same so if you want to recover your system first of all copy all your user'file from drive C:, my document, my picture, desktop to other prtitions.
if yout operating system is XP you can load your recovery by norton ghost but if it is Vista it does not work. for vista recover system you should read laptop company instruction. for DELL vista operating system, restart laptop then before system loading press F8 button there are two options 1- start windowns normally 2- repair your system . choose 2nd one then anotjer 8 options will display choose the one that state sth like this : recover or restore to the image factory. then proceed the instructions.

based on dell laptop experience
good luck
AZoro

Post by AZoro »

according to norton thing...the one i sow were VISTA may be thats why it doesnt work with it

thanks
X880862531X

Post by X880862531X »

AZoro wrote:for the second question...u cant use norton ghost instead of the recovery system because it has been saved in a different format not (.gho) which is used by norton ghost

and for the fist question am not sure but i think it will only restore the root drive (usually c: ) to the original state so only files in root drive will be lost but other partitions will remain the same

but u can return for the recovery manual and see about that may be it change from one manufacture to another

also DONT edit root partition (resize-create new partitions ) it will remove the recovery DOS system and u will not be able to use the recovery images unless u have the recovery software reinstalled

(answer based on Toshiba laptop experience )
thanks
-
-
-
-
redflower wrote:if you recover the system to the original factory just root drive (C:) is restore other pertitions will remain the same so if you want to recover your system first of all copy all your user'file from drive C:, my document, my picture, desktop to other prtitions.
if yout operating system is XP you can load your recovery by norton ghost but if it is Vista it does not work. for vista recover system you should read laptop company instruction. for DELL vista operating system, restart laptop then before system loading press F8 button there are two options 1- start windowns normally 2- repair your system . choose 2nd one then anotjer 8 options will display choose the one that state sth like this : recover or restore to the image factory. then proceed the instructions.

based on dell laptop experience
good luck
-
-
-
-
AZoro wrote:according to norton thing...the one i sow were VISTA may be thats why it doesnt work with it

thanks
-
-
-
-
Thank u very much..
Best regards,

3-2011 till now
X880862531X

Post by X880862531X »

[align=justify]I heared that norton ghost 2003 is not compatible with vista, I tested the matter and found that this is wrong.[/align]
Best regards,

3-2011 till now
AZoro

Post by AZoro »

not alwayes aproblem, depends on ur HD version