Topics display improvement

Any Topic not catigorized above
X880862531X

Topics display improvement

Post by X880862531X »

[align=justify]Dear friends, :wink:

One day, I was viewing a topic in which the author uploaded data & offered the link 4 downloading. The topic was composed from 3 pages. All the replies in the first & second page were saying that the link is not working. Nearly, the author of the topic posted another link in the first post of the third page. But I noticed that all the other replies in the third page were saying that the first link is not working !!!. This means that the repliers didn't read all the replies & didn't notice the second link.

Now, I think that u understanded the problem. The author should have edited the main post of the topic & addded the correct link to it. I c that a lot of topics in fanarco forum has this problem. But we must take in mind that the reader may hasn't time to read all the replies, imagine that the topic consists of several pages !!. Sometimes a poster posts the first edition of a book in a topic & posts the second edition in the second page of replies. In this case, I think that 99 % of the readers will not notice the second edition.

I suggest that posters always give a look from time to time on their topics and try to collect all useful informations from the replies & add them to the main post.

The solution of this problem is only in hands of the posters and the moderators. I - as a moderator of the drilling section - will try 2 fix this problem in the topics of the drilling forum.

I hope that u agree with my opinion, Don't u?. Plz don't forget to leave yr opinions & ideas.

best wishes & regards
Goodbye :wink:
[/align]
Best regards,
[highlight=yellow]Hosam[/highlight]
Forum administration member

Petroleum engineering B.Sc

3-2010 : 3-2011
Assistant petroleum production consultant

3-2011 till now
Well completion & workover supervisor
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

You are right 100 %
The poster should return to his topic and edit it by himself

Thank you for notice
AZoro

Post by AZoro »

good point, also readers should pay more attention to posts and replies ,dont just take and run ,you have to read the replies and see what other ppl are saying before writing any comment .

thanks
brady.avel

Post by brady.avel »

Im with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KNOWLEDGE IS NOTHING UNLESS ITS SHARED...
Lets Exchange Thoughts: YM - brady.avel@yahoo.com