how to generate a permeability field with SGEMS or GSLIB

All Reservoir Simulation aspects

Moderator: Simulation_team

hujie1591

how to generate a permeability field with SGEMS or GSLIB

Post by hujie1591 »

i need to do polymer flooding simulation,investigate the influence of heterogeneity on performance。so i want to built some static permeability model use for simulation,can someone tell me how to obtain the K field just by using the Dykstra-Parsons coefficient and correlation length of each direction,THANKS(i have no well logging data)
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Re: how to generate a permeability field with SGEMS or GSLIB

Post by FANARCO »

DO YOU HAVE WELL TEST ANALYSIS OR RFT
IF NO, DO YOU HAVE ANY REGIONAL DATA FROM THE NEARBY FIELDS.
hujie1591

Post by hujie1591 »

i have no data with me,i just want to build a theoretical permeability field,like many other's papers ,just need to input mean permeability、standard deviation、and correlation length in each direction x y z, i found some information in their appendix as follow:
The Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) Simulator is written by Dr. James W. Jennings et al.(2000) . The FFT code creates a synthetic permeability field using a Fourier series. It uses the FFT of a Gaussian noise and does a moving average and Fourier filtering. Inputs for this code are the grid size and the parameters of the permeability autocorrelation model. The code outputs a normally distributed permeability field in the grid which are conditioned to the correlation structure 。
hujie1591

Post by hujie1591 »

Are you familiar with this software?can you share this simulator with me,my email is 20170510hj@gmail.com,thanks!
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

No, I'm just asking if it is a simulator for commercial use or not.
I haven't hear about it before
hujie1591

Post by hujie1591 »

not a commercial software,which is privite code written by a professor in UT austin,script code which can run in matlab i guess,so many papers cited this code