Transmissibility

All Reservoir Simulation aspects

Moderator: Simulation_team

anindaghosh2207
LinkedIn Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/ghoshaninda

Transmissibility

Post by anindaghosh2207 »

Hello,
Currently I'm doing simulation of an oil field having gas cap gas. Before putting my query let me give a small introduction of the field.

Field "A" and Field "B" is situated side by side and separated by fault. Field "A" initial GOC is @1733m and OWC @ 1748m while Field "B" has initial GOC @ 1719m and OWC @1749m . Fault separating the two fields is non sealing fault since pressure depletion of Field "A" is seen in Field "B". Initial pressure of Field "A" was ~180 KSC and it is constantly producing gas since 1988. Initial pressure Field "B" was 150 Ksc recorded in 2002. API gravity of oil from the Field "A" is ~45 and produced condensate at the well head at Field "A" is ~55 while Field "B" oil is having API gravity of ~38.

I believe this behaviour of reservoir reflects compositional nature of oil. But I had initialized the integrated model keeping initial pressure equals to bubble point pressure at GOC. Declared different PVT using PVTNUM.

I'm using Petrel RE for to run the Eclipse and NEWTRAN for transmissibility calculation.

The GRID size is 200x200x2 m and it is Corner Point Geometry. PERMX values ranging from 2 md to 500 md but most of the values lies within 50-150 md. PERMY=PERMX and PERMZ= PERMX/10.

After simulation run in I had checked the transmissibility values. Tx and Ty values ranging from 0-8 but Tz values goes as high as 30,000.

After complete simulation run model pressure remains 40% higher than the actual field pressure. While checking well wise it was found that nearly all the wells shows coning phenomenon. This is expected since the TZ is much higher than the Tx and Ty so fluid movement is restricted to vertical domain.

Please advice why Tz values are so much higher and whrere I'm going wrong.

Thank you in advance.
Aninda Ghosh