Petroleum Experts IPM

All Reservoir Simulation aspects

Moderator: Simulation_team

anonake

Petroleum Experts IPM

Post by anonake »

Hi;
Im a new member and am looking to do petroleum engineering when i start university next year. I have started doing some problems/examples i have foundonline about IPM(gap, prosper and Mbal).
I think i have everything correct but not sure about a couple of things. Would be grateful if someone can confirm whta i did is right or wrong.

1: there is no water cut value stated in the problem. so i entered that as 0 percent. is that correct? i do have a Swc fraction, could i use that ?
2:Is it easiar to have the surface equipment in gap (using the pipes) or would it be easiar to do it in prosper?
3: when genreating VLP, and populating GOR. should i use what it says in the IPM guide and use 2500. I added both GOR of first reservoir and second and useed that as my last value. Is that correct?
4: WCT populating. Should upopulate from 0-95 or 0-90. Again no wct was mentioned in the statement of the problem.
5: Finally one reservoir is 10000 feet away from the other and the seperator is 30000 feet away. I did this in gap so i had a pipe from 1st reservoir with a length of 5000 feet and reservoir 2 5000feet meet in the middle. And then the manifold to the seperator joint a pipe of 30000 feet. Is that correct?

I know im asking alot but would be very gratefull if anyone could help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bond07

Post by bond07 »

Water cut cant be zero as you still have interstitial water in the oil bearing formation.
It depends on what you are modelling, you might want to focus on keeping your solution node at your wellhead in prosper, unless your fluid might experience abrupt properties change at reduced press/temp

Well, i will download and try to look at your problem....cheers
anonake

Post by anonake »

Hi bond07, thanks for the reply. looking forward to your suggestions.