Best EOS for gas condensate?

All Reservoir Simulation aspects

Moderator: Simulation_team

guga25

Best EOS for gas condensate?

Post by guga25 »

I have the following problem, I have a chromatography from a PVT study, but when I simulate the system (line-->separator-->Storage Tank + pipeline) The GOR of the well doesnt match.

I have tried several EOS, all give me results from 2200 to 2300 m3/m3 while according to the PVT and the field production it should be 3200 m3/m3.

So

1) im not using the right EOS
2) the eos dont work or
2) the cromatography is wrong
Bilal Amjad

Post by Bilal Amjad »

I guess you r mistaking in entering the data.
Bilal Amjad
Reservoir Engineering Consultant
guga25

Post by guga25 »

copy+paste to hysys?
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Dear guga ,,,

In Gas Condensate reservoirs you should collect the sample from surface (recombined). I think you have not matched due to this.

If you collect a downhole sample in Gas Condensate wells, you will get un representative sample.
MikeRam

Post by MikeRam »

Your problem is not the EOS, eneither the data. When you try to use a pvt package you first need to calibrate the EOS you chose with experimental data.
You say you have a condensate. If you are using PVTI, you need to intdroduce the composition of the fluid in the reservoir (usually this composition is gotten by recombination). Later you get a phase diagram, and next you need to characterize the plus fraction (in two or three component and find the properties of these pseudocomponents)
With this new composition you get a new phase diagram.
After that you need to perform the regresion process by introducing the experimental data you have, and by telling the package which properties you want to regress or modify (usually the the pseudocomponets properties are the one to begin the process). The process end when you are are able to match the dew pont, the cce, cvd and separator experients.
Later you can use the EOS to make predictiction anywhere.