API Tracking

All Reservoir Simulation aspects

Moderator: Simulation_team

Bilal Amjad

API Tracking

Post by Bilal Amjad »

Using oil API TRACKING option at least 2 PVT tables are required for between which ECLIPSE interpolates. But this interpolation is linear and oil PVT properties do not linearly vary with API. Here occurs the inaccuracy in calculations. For example 2 oil pvt tables of initial API 20 and 30 are input, if oil from cell of 20 API oil enters the cell containing the 30 API oil, there produced the mixture of API whose that lie between 20 and 30 take it 25, ECLIPSE will linearly approximate all PVT properties at 25 API. This inaccuracy can be minimised if we enter some additional PVT tables with API lying between 20 and 30, accuracy will be more if intermediate tables will be more.
My question: how additional PVT tables for these intermediate API values can be generated for input in the PVT Section?
Bilal Amjad
Reservoir Engineering Consultant
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

I'm working on this issue now,,

Let us fix the previous problems first...
Reservoir

Post by Reservoir »

Bilal

Look at the keyword APIGROUP which will do what you want. Also read in Technical Description the discussion of the API Tracking option. :)
Bilal Amjad

WELL IS OPEN but CONNECTIONS ARE CLOSED

Post by Bilal Amjad »

I am facing this problem in attached case (Warning) WELL IS OPEN but CONNECTIONS ARE CLOSED,

some1 chk it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bilal Amjad
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Yes, you are right that we have to assignee different PVT table for the intermediate API and your example is considered right if the existing of 30 and 20 API has a sharp border between them (you define the 30 and 20 only because this is the number of samples you have measured). But in reality there is a gradual changes in the PVT from 30 to 20 (20,21,22,
Bilal Amjad

Post by Bilal Amjad »

THANKS, but now there is some other problem with this model i have attached in my last post, wells are not producing
Bilal Amjad