need advice please...

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

Brainmolester

need advice please...

Post by Brainmolester »

I have a sand column of 70 m above perfs in a well producing from a carbonate reservoir... We have a diameter restriction of 2.72in maximum. How can I clean this well?! I though about coiled tubing...but too expensive!! A colleague of mine advised me of Bailing (slikline) which I am not familiar with!! what are the differences between both in every aspect..
FYI the formation does not produce sand but we doubt that there was some sand pack later in the life of the well or something... not really sure of the history...

Thanks for your help guys!
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

You can use a sand bailer instead of Coiled tubing. But it will take more time in your case 2.72", so, you should use 2.31" sand bailer size on slikline
And 70 meters is very big volume, so, you will waste your time and money.
Also be informed that the sand bailer will never clean your well perfect, (not 100 % of your sand will be removed)

The coiled tubing is higher price than sand bailer option, but the job may take a few hours instead of many days
Brainmolester

:)

Post by Brainmolester »

Thanks Fanarco for the reply, I have calculated the Sand volume that I have in place in the 5in liner and it is 1.23 cubic meter. using the coiled tubing will take the job to be done in 3 days....while using the bailer it will take around 4 to 5 days (still need to do the math on the volume taken on each run) and it is much cheaper...!! i was thinking also about circulating brine or something to flush! what do you think?! also should I flush the perfs with acid?!