Multiple PVT regions

All Reservoir Simulation aspects

Moderator: Simulation_team

Avers

Multiple PVT regions

Post by Avers »

Friends,
Does anybody have study materials or work example (eclipse) how to build model with multiple PVT (contacts) regions? I try to build Black Oil (live oil) model with contacts change arealy and verticaly.
Thanks in advance for any help.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

[align=center]There are difference between multiple PVT (Regional), and Multiple contact
i.e. you may have two OWCs in the same reservoir (same PVT set) if there is a sealing fault between the two compartments.

See Fig.-1

BUT
For Multiple PVT it is not nesseccary to have multiple Contacts. i.e. you may have two compartments not in communications (may be fault between them) with the same OWC

In Eclipse it is very simple to model multiple PVT. Go to Eclipse office, then choose PVT section, then input your PVT data set and name it PVT-1, and do the same and name it PVT-2, and so on

In the grid section write the keyword regoin, then define each rigion on grid section as you want
[/align]
jabbar

Post by jabbar »

Thanks , for the information
Avers

Post by Avers »

FANARCO wrote:[align=center]There are difference between multiple PVT (Regional), and Multiple contact
i.e. you may have two OWCs in the same reservoir (same PVT set) if there is a sealing fault between the two compartments.

[/align]
Thanks a lot for the great explanation! But just one question. I have different Gas-Oil Contacts GOC, separated by faults. I suppose that pressure at GOC shuold be equal to Bubble Point Pressure. Does it meen that I have to use different PVT regions in this case?
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Dr. Menissi will answer you shortly
Avers

Post by Avers »

Hi friend,
are any news for the topic? )))
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Sorry for replying late
I'm investigating your issue
Could you please provide us with a sketch like above discribing your details ? and what PVT sets that you have ?