AmarilEditor

All Reservoir Simulation aspects

Moderator: Simulation_team

Tejaswy

AmarilEditor

Post by Tejaswy »

Hello,
I was wondering about AmarilEditor. I have read it is pretty good for Eclipse. Does anyone have it ?

Regards
Tejaswy
Abdelkader

Post by Abdelkader »

Tejaswy,
actually Amarile is not and editor it's the name of the company that implements some helpful software for Reservoir Engineering simulation;
They have developed a package called RE-Studio that is a Pre-Processor that has in it a quit amazing editor that checks for you even the keywords you are typing and their consistency (their items are checked) before even you run a NOSIM test!
The other advantages are the way you can check even the path of your include files as they are "clickabke" under the DATA deck.
An finally it has a feature in it for instance, help naming and organizing your project (especially when you have History Match and sensitivity runs).

I've already made a post on this subject and another good Test Editor I currently use as DATA deck editor for Eclipse (check my posts a couple of days back you'll find it!) I've also included a very useful plug-in that colours the words depending on their use (keywords, comments, etc).

Regarding Amarile RE-Studio I doubt you'll find someone able of sharing it and if so please do request it by PM and not explicitly in the forum, we are not supposed to share cracks or software; on the other hand we are not supposed to see your PMs that's why all the software and related critical issues should be requested only by PM!!

Regards,
Abdelkader
Abdelkader Aissaoui
Reservoir Engineer
http://dz.linkedin.com/pub/abdelkader-a ... 13/389/4b6
reservoirengineer

Post by reservoirengineer »

Do you know the estimated price range? Why someone would pay more $$ if you can get textpad for 27$?
Abdelkader

Post by Abdelkader »

I would say even better, TextPad you can get it even for nothing as non registered version! (you'll have only the pop-up window when starting it saying if you are willing to buy it...which is not an obligation).
But as there is always a "BUT" RE-Studio is NOT just an Editor it is called a Pre-Processor do bear this in mind, it corrects things better than NOSIM and organize your multi run files so your project is well organized as database like system who ever work in it will find all the things organized!

Regards.
Abdelkader
Abdelkader Aissaoui
Reservoir Engineer
Tejaswy

Post by Tejaswy »

How much is it?
Abdelkader

Post by Abdelkader »

Tejaswy,
I am still waiting for a call from them (Amarile) as I have been presented the software capabilities through webinar like videoconference 5actually the presenter shared with me his screen and showed me the different items and options with example).
As soon as I'll have the price I'll communicate it here.
Regards,
Abdelkader
Abdelkader Aissaoui
Reservoir Engineer
Reservoir

Post by Reservoir »

"organized as database like system"
This would be a welcome tool as when you make lots of runs with various changes, it would be good to have a tool that allows you to keep track of it all. With time we do tend to forget what was done :-)