Workover Related E-Books or reference

adamkok

Workover Related E-Books or reference

Post by adamkok »

Dear Admin,

I'm reservoir engineer, juz about half year working experience. Currently i'm doing the candidate selection for workover of my field. Do u hv any e-books or reading materials how's the screening process or any related information.

Thank you so much....
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Do you mean snad screen ????
adamkok

Post by adamkok »

What do u means by "snad screen"?

My current practice is review the idle wells (Wells shut in due to mechanical problems like tubing / packer leak, high water cut, low reservoir pressure......) and then choose few of them to run the workover.

But my concern is how should i screen, choose or prioritize the candidate.. appreciate if u can recommend some of the books and as well as the reading materials regarding to this matter.

Thank you so much.
luf

Post by luf »

not sure if there is such a book exist, probably not.

I think the first is what exactly your company wants to do. low resrvior pressure is not what you can fix through workover directly however if you want to repair few wells for inject water, it would be different story, then it beyond your decision which wells should be repaired.

if your company just want some quick bucks, you could look over the production history to choose which wells were the best producers then determine which wells should be repaired according the wellbore status - repair the easiest ones first, and forget about the ones it may screw you because of complexity.

anyway, it all depends on what your company wants to do.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

yes luf
adamkok tell us more about your field/wells and we can help you for each well indvidually
Alkhathami

Post by Alkhathami »