UBD employement?

Zadi

UBD employement?

Post by Zadi »

hi all,
i'm a petroleum engineer with 2 year experience in production and drilling systems. i have joined a UBD company recently(my contract is for 1 year).
for sake of having a forecast i'm eager to know how employement in international UBD companies is and is there any active UBD service provider company in middle east?
Thanks for all in advance.
mazouz777

Post by mazouz777 »

hi zadi,
welcome to UBD activities, in middle east th e most important company that provide this kind of services is weatherford, she works on middle east and north africa specially oman, pakistan, tunisia, lybia, and alg
Amr EL-Sherazy

Post by Amr EL-Sherazy »

schulmberger and Halliburton also provide this technology
Zadi

Post by Zadi »

Thanks for your kindly replies,
I'm not working for these companies, but i'm willing to work for weatherford. what that is my concern is that ubd is usually short and its job ends soon on rig(usually only pay zone is drilled by ubd). so whole-year activeness of ubd makes me thoughtfull about it...
mazouz777

Post by mazouz777 »

Dear Zadi,

Sure UBD activity is very short, but Weatherford doesn't work on UBD only but also MPD and Air Drilling, and this provides a good opportunity depending on the region u are working on.
cmyers27

Re: UBD employement?

Post by cmyers27 »

Hi Zadi

Not to waste time and effort, avoid contacting big oil corp. Because they are mostly hiring firms to hire their employees. Instead, you can contact Recruiters or apply through an Energy Job Board.

Good luck.

Charlotte