Well head pressures to bottom hole pressure.. please!!

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

Brainmolester

Well head pressures to bottom hole pressure.. please!!

Post by Brainmolester »

Hi there, I need urgently an excel sheet that can help me out to calculate the bottom hole pressure from well head pressure.... I guess i need something with a macro in it...or anything else equivalent!! your help is much appreciated!! ;)
jabbar

Post by jabbar »

Hi my friend
I think the equition for this used only for Gas well when the density of the Gas are the same for the wide range of depth.

I think it wrong for Oil well

We always used the Digital downhole pressure recorders for this kind of calculation , when the gauges lowered to the specified depth of interest.

I hope this is benfit for you.
I have the equiation for this calc. ....... I mean the gas well
Brainmolester

Post by Brainmolester »

yes please Jabbar, if you can send me the excel sheet with the equation and how to calculate it fast that would be great!
Reservoir

Post by Reservoir »

A lot of useful stuff here

Directory

There is something called BHPgas.exe but on my PC it does not run. Guess something is needed to run it. Perhaps a file????
jabbar

Post by jabbar »

Dear Friend
---------------------------------------------------------
The calculation of the BHP of Gas well from the following equation developed by Pierce and Rawlines

Pws = (Pwh)^e(0.0000347*y*D)

Pws=Static Bottom hole pressure ,psia.
Pwh = Well head pressure , psia.
e = natural logarithms .
y=Specific pressure of gas (air=1)
D= Depth of well , ft.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This equation is based on an average temperature of the column of gas ( 60 F) .While the temperature gradient in a producing well is rarely a straight line , the average temperature at a depth below seasonal effect (20 to 30 ft) and at a depth of the pressure is sufficiently accurate for practical purpose. The equation can be then written as follows:-
Pws = (Pwh)^ey^(D/53.34*T)

Or
Log Pws = Log Pwh + (y^D /122.82*T )

Where T is the average temperature in the borehole ,( F+460 ).

Deviation of a gas from Boyle's law will affect the calculated BHP enough to be considered only in high pressure deep wells , USBM Monograph (7) presents the following equation .

(Pwh / (1+Pws^z) = (Pwh /(1+Pwh^z))^ey^(D/(53.34*T))

Where (z) is the deviation coefficient , deviation per psi expressed as a decimal.

((The above description directly copied from the book titled "Petroleum Engineering Handbook".
jabbar

Post by jabbar »

y=Sp.Gr of gas ( not Pressure ...)
Sorry.............
Brainmolester

Post by Brainmolester »

Thanks a lot Jabbar and Reservoir for the precious info!
@ Reservoir, The file BHP gas that you mentioned i could not download it?! there is a problem or something wrong with it?! That site is pretty cool... do you have any more like that where there are several excel sheets to try for different jobs?!
@ Jabbar, Thanks for the equation. I have already used the Cullender and smith method that I have made from scratch on Excel. it gave me a good result compared to the derived BHP from my gradient. I have a wet gas well. I the books it mentioned that Cullender and Smith is trhe most accurate....but this is important to compare different methods...
We have also performed a small build up test too.... do you think it will help me out to plot the horner graph and get my BHP like that?!
jabbar

Post by jabbar »

Dear Brainmolester
Thank you..
But I have no experience in Gas Well.
The equation that I post is from my self reading...
We always doing build-up test and bottom hole pressure calculation for Oil Well only ....

Pls... forgive me this...
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Thank you guys for your cooperations

Brainmolester
For oil wells you can use software for nodal analysis like Prosper, Perform.... etc
You can calculate approximately the BHFP from WHFP in a certain depth