Petrel and eclipse workflow...

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

Brainmolester

Petrel and eclipse workflow...

Post by Brainmolester »

Hi there.... i got a question... I am recently getting involved with Eclipse in my work and I found out that the License that I have is only for the black oil model.... all the other modules of eclipse are not functional... on the other side i have also a petrel 2008 licence where it has the reservoir engineering package and the gridding and upscaling. I called up SLB and they told me that the way to do things now is everything on Petrel first, and then it gets sent to the simulator (eclipse) thru a command on petrel. So is my understanding right that one res engi like me needs to know how to use Petrel more now for gridding and upscaling and ... and only use eclipse for running the simulation!?!? what are my limitations this way and what would be the perfect case senario! i need to talk to my Boss later and I wanna let him know what i want to learn the softs well and know how to use them, but so far I have been saying eclipse and not petrel yet!! i thout petrel is only for geologists!! thanks for your precious help guys!
agmyatkyaw

Post by agmyatkyaw »

Hi Friend,
I've same case like you, petrel RE core and Eclipse black oil. In our department, only two engineer are working, both haven't had any experience on petrel and eclipse, just had training. But to date, we are constructing the reservoir model from the geological model that given by geosicence department. Now we are doing history matching, still not match. If you want something from me, I can share my experience to you. Mail me agmyatkyaw@gmail.com.
hqman

Post by hqman »

"History matching" is depend on Geostatistic modeling from Petrel!
So when history not matching ..... we should change some things in Geostatistic model!

Goodlucks!