Hydrocarbon pore volume Injected (HCPVI)

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

aries1322

Hydrocarbon pore volume Injected (HCPVI)

Post by aries1322 »

Hello Everyone:

I have the volume of water injected in reservoir barrels and I can compute the hydrocarbon pore volune. so How do I compute the hydrocarbon pore volume injected?

Thanks for the help.

Ariel
arturo82

Post by arturo82 »

could you tell the problem, I just don't get it
aries1322

Post by aries1322 »

Hi. Basically I want to plot HCPVI vs my cumulative VRR (VOIDAGE RATIO) to monitor ny waterflood. I have my cumulative injection, VRR and the HCPV. So how do I compute the HCPVI?

Sorry for if I did not explain it clearly.

Ariel
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Yes, you need to plot IWR, Injection withdrwal ratio. it is relly very important indicator for water flood

You know the water volume, it is no problem
About Hydrocarbon (withdrawl) you should have the Formation volume factor for your both oil and gas measured in lab test (PVT)
Once you get the FVF for oil and gas at the current reservoir pressure, and you have the quanteties of oil and gas at standard conditions (surface pressure and temp.) you can multiply your monthly Cum. oil by Oil FVF and add it to multiply Cum. monthly gas prod. by Gas FVF

If you didnt get it clearly please provide us with these values so we can calculate it together
vijaysin2000

HCPVI

Post by vijaysin2000 »

Aries,
You can calculate the fraction of the HCPV injected by (Iw*Bw/(Reservoir Volumes of OIL and GAS) Add GIIP if there is a gas cap. This gives the % of the PCPVI and then plot PCPVI% vs WC or Recovery Factors to monitor the WF

For reservoir volumes you need to multiply stock tank volumes by either Bo or Bg, whatever is the case.
vijaysin2000

Post by vijaysin2000 »

Sorry, its HCPVI and not PCPVI