help needed in maximizing oil recovery.

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

nouk_101

help needed in maximizing oil recovery.

Post by nouk_101 »

Dear Sir's , and all dear members

I am facing a problem to find a good topic about maximize oil recovery by drive mechanisms ...

I mean i want to know how to maximize the reservoir oil recovery thorugh each one of the drive mechanisms ; adjusting the reservoir drive mechanisms charactrasics

help needed please ,
thanks for your help

Regards ,
Eng. Nour El-Din
arturo82

Post by arturo82 »

I just don't get it, the drive mechanisms are there, I think you can't do much about them, maybe the pressure can be affected, by injection, but, I hope someone could explain this
redflower

Post by redflower »

I think you have not much control on drive mechanism in primary recovery, but you can optimize well spacing, production rate of each well, completion optimization, and other parameters which are under your control, you can have beter perofarmance of drive mechanism and more recovery.
for getting these optimization, typically sensitivity analysis is done on number of wells, well spacing, production rate, etc. recently experimental design technique is also used in petroleum industry (SPE 23139)

good luck
geeker

Post by geeker »

I believe by drive mechanisms you mean the natural drive mechanisms i.e. water-drive, gas-cap expansion, volumetric expansion etc. If that's the case, really there's nothing you can do. During primary recovery, you can do optimization and enhancement to get the maximum oil recovery. Afterwards when the primary drive mechanism is no longer able to support oil production, then you may want to switch of water or gas injection depending on the original drive mechanism of the reservoir. But water injection can also be done since day one of production if you have a reservoir that's close to bubblepoint pressure already.

That's just my $0.02 worth...
arturo82

Post by arturo82 »

redflower wrote:I think you have not much control on drive mechanism in primary recovery, but you can optimize well spacing, production rate of each well, completion optimization, and other parameters which are under your control, you can have beter perofarmance of drive mechanism and more recovery.
for getting these optimization, typically sensitivity analysis is done on number of wells, well spacing, production rate, etc. recently experimental design technique is also used in petroleum industry (SPE 23139)

good luck
OK, I downloaded that article you mention, here it is:

SPE 23139-PA

Title
Maximum Information at Minimum Cost: A North Sea Field Development Study With an Experimental Design

Authors
Elvind Damsleth, Asmund Hage, Norsk Hydro A/S; Rolf Volden, Norwegian Computing Center

Journal Journal of Petroleum Technology

DOWNLOAD HERE:

SPE 23139
Last edited by arturo82 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arturo82

Post by arturo82 »

sorry

post duplicated
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Eng. Nour Eldin:
Thank you for posting a hot topic. it is really important to know which optimization method for each drive mechanism
I suggest to provide us with your case history and we can share our ideas among us

THE RESERVOIR ENGINEERING IS OUR GAME

Thank you arturo82 for posting a very interesting material
I downloaded it and forewarded to all staff in my Co.