Rod Pumping Design

Gravel Pack, Artificial lifting systems, Vertical Lift Performance and Well bore problems.......

Moderator: Production

sebasmagri

Rod Pumping Design

Post by sebasmagri »

Hi dear friends....

I've been trying fro some hours to make a Design for a Rod Pump using the API method... but i don't know what parameter i have to manipulate to reduce in an effective way the overloading in the motor and at the same time reduce the error in calculus...

I've changed some parameters like pump diameter, stroke length and velocity, in some cases i reduce the error but the overloading is augmented...

If someone could find for me this SPE Paper i`ll be very greated:
Paper Number: 27988-MS
Title: Assumptions of API Rod Pumping Design Method as related to practical applications and wave equation techniques

Soon i'll upload some data...

Greetings from Venezuela...
Free as in Freedom... not as in free beer... GNU...
GNU/Linux User...
luf

Post by luf »

sebasmagri

normally, you should not try compromise your rod pumping system to fit your motor, instead, your motor should fit your entire pump system. it is much easier to change a bigger motor than anything else in the entire system.

you could change a higher strength rod string such as electra, norris ...etc, you could use corod, but these will increase your rods cost. you could use smaller pump, but it would reduce your production; you could also change a better pump jack, but ....

hope you understand what I mean - if your motor is too small, the solution is simple - change a bigger one.
sebasmagri

Post by sebasmagri »

Hi friends... i've already solved my problem... but using wave equation method... thanks anyway luf...
Free as in Freedom... not as in free beer... GNU...
GNU/Linux User...