How to identify development plan for a field???

All aspects from Choke to storage tanks

Moderator: Production

nazmanm

How to identify development plan for a field???

Post by nazmanm »

any software????
nazmanm

Post by nazmanm »

Given only reserves, water depth, distance to existing producing field, distance to adjacent undevelop field, how best to identify development option for that field (e.g either to tie in, cluster development, humming bird concept etc)????

Any software to screen out the development options????

Any ideas guyss????
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

The development plan for any field is depend on many factors
The driving mechanism
The depth of the reservoir
Artificial lifting availability
EOR stratigy
Economics
..............etc
So, i think there is no specific software for development plans
nazmanm

Post by nazmanm »

is there any macro in excel in the event that we provide input for water depth, distance, reserves generally it would create conceptual development plan....some sort of rough estimate....
jimc

Post by jimc »

Fekete and Associates in Calgary, Canada markets a piece of software called FAST Virtuwell which allows you to draw up a simulation of a field.

It does not do the reservoir exploitation aspect as outlined above, but you can model roughly your field.
tbigex

Post by tbigex »

For an offshore field.

That depend on several parameters. The first is the technological feasibility, essentially the FLOW ASSURANCE problematic -> STEADY STATE AND TRANSITIONAL (shutdown, restart, remediation ...)). INPUT: Fluid characteristics (PVT data, WAT, Hydrate curves, ....), Ambient conditions (Temperature, bathymetry, distance from the Host or Shore...), needs of production (mini WHPressure, Topside pressure,....). be careful with optimal results, for example, flow calculation give the best result for 16"ID and thermal a UValue of 0.8W/m
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Thank you tbigex for excellent explanation
brady.avel

Post by brady.avel »

what a brilliant explanation.... to the point, not a single entity, i heed...
waaaaaa....
KNOWLEDGE IS NOTHING UNLESS ITS SHARED...
Lets Exchange Thoughts: YM - brady.avel@yahoo.com
tbigex

Post by tbigex »

:arrow:
I can add something : Of course the localization is crucial for solution matrix : bathymetry, soil characteristics, tieback, supply, local content,maritime laws, ....

bye
T.B
T. Bigex @@@ Offshore Oil&Gas Enigneer @@@
MS+1 Offshore Engineering -
Subsea engineering/Field development/Struc./SURF/Flow Assurance
- OPEN for job proposition -
hooman_teh

Post by hooman_teh »

Dear friends,

Fist of all, many thanks to "tbigex" for his thorough explanation. It is perfect.
I have a similar question but not about a software, I want to know which parameters are the most important ones for using in Benchmarking of fields development plans. I mean, for example, factors like IOIP, UDC (unit development cost), water depth, and these kind of easy-to-deal-with parameters. I know other factors like location of the field, and which type of offshore structure you want to use are very important, but before, even thinking about them, to have a start point and check either it is economic to go for more studies about the development of a field, which parameters can be investigated? for example parameters that you can have by early exploration or...? I would be grateful if you can guide me, or introduce some books or links.

Thank you
Hooman
challenge the well-known, explore the unknown!
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

hooman_teh wrote:Dear friends,

Fist of all, many thanks to "tbigex" for his thorough explanation. It is perfect.
I have a similar question but not about a software, I want to know which parameters are the most important ones for using in Benchmarking of fields development plans. I mean, for example, factors like IOIP, UDC (unit development cost), water depth, and these kind of easy-to-deal-with parameters. I know other factors like location of the field, and which type of offshore structure you want to use are very important, but before, even thinking about them, to have a start point and check either it is economic to go for more studies about the development of a field, which parameters can be investigated? for example parameters that you can have by early exploration or...? I would be grateful if you can guide me, or introduce some books or links.

Thank you
Hooman
Hooman,

First of all i would like to thank you for your active status on the forum.

About your quez. i think you should start to calculate OOIP, The wells productivity, well/field life time, you have the current no. of wells and calculate the expected no. of wells. Then, decide the type of offshore platform and all offshore production equipent like pipelines, testing and production facilities, daily running cost like chemicals, boats, crew, ......

If you want we can help you
hooman_teh

Post by hooman_teh »

Dear FANARVCO

Many thanks for your reply. I have come up with these parameters, I would be happy if you and other members can comment on them and let me know how they think these parameters can be useful or not thanks in advance:

The most important benchmarking parameters:

1. Unit development cost (UDC) US $ / boe
2. GOR of the field
3. Average flow rate per well (can be a measure of average reservoir pressure)
4. Type of offshore platform (depends on many factors, e.g., number of wells
challenge the well-known, explore the unknown!
reservoirengineer

Post by reservoirengineer »

You can model field development costing in IHS Que$tor. Some companies used their own cost database to do the feasibility studies. The companies like Statoil have their own facilities costing model (used to be lotus based), calculation based on the deck weight, geographical location, and types of development. You can try to do some sensitivities based on that.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

[quote="hooman_teh"]Dear FANARVCO

Many thanks for your reply. I have come up with these parameters, I would be happy if you and other members can comment on them and let me know how they think these parameters can be useful or not thanks in advance:

2. GOR of the field
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

[quote="hooman_teh"]Dear FANARVCO

2. GOR of the field