Flumping Sucker-rod well

Gravel Pack, Artificial lifting systems, Vertical Lift Performance and Well bore problems.......

Moderator: Production

bebopetro47

Flumping Sucker-rod well

Post by bebopetro47 »

Hi! I have a well currently flumping (flowing through tubing and annulus, while also being pumped by the sucker-rod pump). I read some publications on this behavior, but i would appreciate any experience you could share on this issue.

thanks!
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Flumping Sucker-rod well

Post by FANARCO »

I have an experience of similar well producing with ESP, the flow rate was trebled but water breakthrough came earlier
ReyCaldo

Post by ReyCaldo »

I wonder whether you have found a solution to your problem or not?
CarlaKastillio

Post by CarlaKastillio »

Hey there! I know this answer comes a bit late, but I hope it can still be helpful for you and others who might have the same question. I haven't personally experienced flumping in a sucker rod well, but I've come across some forum posts where other oilfield workers have shared their experiences and advice. Some have suggested checking the tubing and casing for damage or corrosion, while others have recommended adjusting the pumping rate or changing the pump type. I've also seen some mentions of using a travelling block for drilling rig to help monitor and control the well's performance.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

this link related to travelling block sales not belong to sucker rods