Jet Pump

Gravel Pack, Artificial lifting systems, Vertical Lift Performance and Well bore problems.......

Moderator: Production

aelkhalifa

Jet Pump

Post by aelkhalifa »

Hello

Jet Pump seems more effecient to produce crude with High GOR than other artificail lift pumps (PCP,HR PCP, ESP),

I create this post to discuss the Jet Pump which my info about it is very poor, and as there are some expert brothers here can advice and help us to understand it from A,B,C,....

Configuration,Design, Cost, Limitation,Troubleshootings, and finally to compare it with other artifical lift means (ESP,PCP,Gas lift,etc....)

Together we can made it
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Dear aelkhalifa......

For me i consider jet pump is the magic for artificial lifting system.

first you can have a look at this video. then we will discuss any thing related to Jet Pump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss6cAFP1qPU

we have more materials related to jet pump but i need you to be familiar with it first.

Thank you
bebopetro47

Re: Jet Pump

Post by bebopetro47 »

Hi aelkhalifa

Jet pump are rarely efficient, at least from an energetic point of view. They do work well on high GLR wells, but still, free gas will lower the pump efficiency in lifting fluids. For design, you should really look for a software that can simulate the well, since maunal calculations require a lot of iteration (i'd recommend PROSPER or JEMS). Always opt for a "free pump" as it will save you a lot of money in pulling operations (wireline mainly) and will also allow you to do some "trial and error" to match your design
bebopetro47

Re: Jet Pump

Post by bebopetro47 »

Here, check out this chapter on Jet Pumps (on hydarulic pump in general). Hope it helps!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.