Injection Patterns query

All topics related to EOR like CO2, Thermal hydrocarbon Recovery, WAG, SAGD, Microbial, Polymer flooding ....etc

Moderator: moderators

soman703

Injection Patterns query

Post by soman703 »

Hello Everyone,

I have few questions regarding Injections wells please:

1- When do we use which type of Injection pattern? Two or three spots patterns are usually used in Pilot phase but what about other well patterns such as four spot, inverted four spot , five spot, Inverted five spot , Seven spot, Inverted seven spot, nine spot & Inverted nine spot etc..

I have been told that its associated with depth of injection wells and amount of oil needed to be swept. And mostly in reservoirs that are not deep enough such wells are drilled.Can anyone comment on this please?? What are operational rule of thumbs regarding this?

2- When do we drill vertical injectors and when do we prefer horizontal or deviated injectors with respect to geological formations and reservoir types?

Normally when we drill a vertical Injector in a high permeability reservoir, we experience Injectivity loss due to water hammering. Can anyone comment on its solution?

In different scenarios how do we counter Injectivity loss?

Thanking you all,
Soman Ahmed
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Injection Patterns query

Post by FANARCO »

In your case the water injection for pressure maintenance or increase the recovery...
mjaportfolio

Post by mjaportfolio »

Hello Fanarco:
is there a forum here or any book that refers to waterflooding on heavy oil and challenges if it is an off-shore environment. Thanks
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

mjaportfolio wrote:Hello Fanarco:
is there a forum here or any book that refers to waterflooding on heavy oil and challenges if it is an off-shore environment. Thanks
I know it is too late reply, but i captured it recently.

You qiz is still alive..