Looking for help

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

geeker

Looking for help

Post by geeker »

Hi people,

Is there anyone in here who works in the E&P sector? Specifically, in the exploration and development area of oil industry. Appreciate if you could help me. Thanks.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Hi Geeker
Here i'm for you , just ask and we will answer you soon
By the way i found a risk assissment software for you and i will upload it to you
geeker

Post by geeker »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am currently in need of help with appraisal and development planning. What should I consider for both plans? What should go into the report and stuff.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Which help that you need for appraisaland development planning.... just post your problem to share it with us
geeker

Post by geeker »

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in helping me.

1. In the matter of field development plan, what does a reservoir engineer do? I mean, I need to know the priorities of a reservoir engineer in planning a development plan. So far, I could think of a few, like determining HCIIP, recoverable reserves, drive mechanism, and depletion strategy. What else am I missing?

2. Now for appraisal plan, what exactly has to be taken into considerations and what should go into the appraisal plan report? I've already come up with a plan, but writing only about what my plan is (i.e. run a 3D seismic and drill a number of appraisal wells) hardly sound like an appraisal plan that a working team would do. Help please?
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Ok geeker
You are talking about reservoir mangment
well
it is mine

In the appraisal phase you must have some data or information about the field (field extension , available surface facilities ), structure contour maps, reservoir model, petrophysical parameters (porosity, water saturation, net pay thikness ..... etc), fluid data (Oil and gas compositions, API of oil, PVT ... etc)

After collecting these data beside log data it will be useful for you to calculate OIP and GIP by volumetrics, material balance and Decline curve analysis from the available production data

the well test analysis data can help you better

You have to calculate also the future performance or prediction for each well by either conventional decline curve asnalysis or by the reservoir simulator

If you need any help for the above items we can help you for free (like well test analysis, Material balance ...... etc)... just send your data and we can share our experionce with ourselves
geeker

Post by geeker »

Thank you so very much fanarco. You've been helpful.

When you said OIP and GIP can be calculated by material balance and decline curve analysis, don't we need production data to do that? In case of a newly discovered field, how is that possible since there would be no production history? For my project, I had only estimated OOIP probabilistically using @Risk.

Now for reserves, how do you determine the recovery factor? I know it's based on many factors, e.g. drive mechanism, transmissibility etc., but how do you quantify those effects?

Also, do you have any good reference on gas cap blowdown?

I really do appreciate your help. Thanks again.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

geeker
The appraisal phase indicating that you drilled some exploratory wells in the area and get oil or gas from these wells and you have to drill more wells (appraisal) to know the field extension, the well potentials, more geological describtion ..... etc, but you should have early production data from exploratory wells, OR even well test data (short time production). It will help you to perform material balance and decline curve analysis and also well radii

For the Recovery Factor calculations you have to use iperical equations using petrophysical parameters.....etc OR you can calculate it from SCAL (Special Core Analysis) ... if you want to know how let me know

I can search for SPE library for Gas Cap blow down