DRAINAGE RADIUS

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

flipper

DRAINAGE RADIUS

Post by flipper »

please, does someone explain to me?
as I know we must space wells by distance greater than the radius of drainage (Rw) but in fact I saw wells which are too close to each other(d=10ft<<<Rw)!!!
petroprakash

Check the depths and perforations

Post by petroprakash »

My friend,
You seem to be confused with short distance well spacing (Very very common due to space, regulation, natural or land contraints).

The possibilities are:
1. (if vertical)Each well is drilled and completed at diferent depths in different reservoirs.
2. (if deviated) each well might have taken any deviation from it's surface location.

Therefore if the wellheads or X-tree are found to be at short distance, it does not mean that all the well are producing from same reservoir.

You may check with that Oil company.
Regards,
Petroprakash
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Yes, you are right petroprakash, may be these two well producing from different reservoirs or may be it is very closed to each other on surface but it is highly deviated and in the reservoir level they very far from each other or may be producing from two separate blocks.

Dear flipper ,,,,

Usually when you refer to Rw is a well radius not the drainage radius and commonly it is the ID of the casing divided by two
flipper

Post by flipper »

Thank you a lot petroprakash & Fanarco :)