Multiple Tanks MBAL Model - Transmissibility Option

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

Bilal Amjad

Multiple Tanks MBAL Model - Transmissibility Option

Post by Bilal Amjad »

I have two vertically stacked gas reservoirs differentiated by a sort of shaly layer. Approximate Pressure equilibrium is there.

Both are gas bearing sands. Well was producing from lower sand, and in the meanwhile upper sand was perforated, though the increments in rate was not so apparent to distinguish the production of both.

Upper sand is relatively tight and shown from MDT and analogies. Lower sand is rather high permeability and intermediate water drive.

The vertical communication across this shaly sand remained a matter of debate for a long time.

Considering a both sands as a single reservoir, P/Z model was developed, points were not lying on straight line rather up and down from it.

MBAL is need to be initiated using Transmissibility option to model the behavior and predict the performance.

CAN ANY HAS EXPERIENCE OF BUILDING SUCH AN MBAL MODEL PLEASE SHARE.
Bilal Amjad
Reservoir Engineering Consultant
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

I did the same exercise in oil reservoirs with some transimissibility but it is the same methodology.

You should know exactly the production allocation among zones and the pressure should be measured separately for each zone. then it is easy
Bilal Amjad

Post by Bilal Amjad »

I actually need the steps. I have entered the required information, but I dont know either its correct or not. Are there some steps to build model and play with sensitivity?
Bilal Amjad
Reservoir Engineering Consultant