Dynamometer card 1

Gravel Pack, Artificial lifting systems, Vertical Lift Performance and Well bore problems.......

Moderator: Production

Hosam25

Dynamometer card 1

Post by Hosam25 »

Hello,

Team, please I want to discuss the attached dyna card with you, I see that it shows leak in TBG string, what is your opinion ?

Details :
- Onshore Beam pumping well
- DHP : 1.75" RHAC @ about 3500' ( below perfs by about 80' )
- Recent history of FL is ( close to DHP ), pumping off. ( well was producing @ these times ),
- Recent dynamometer tests show fluid pounding ( well was producing @ these times ),
- Well stopped production days ago
- The attached dynamometer test was done after well stopped production by 1 day, fluid level @ this time was 350' above DHP
- Performed hitting by crane, ran well with slight tap in downstroke, still no production ( made slight overpull, confirmed normal rod string weight & DHP is attached to rod string )

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hosam25

Re: Dynamometer card 1

Post by Hosam25 »

Also,

Please check this dyna card for another well ( for any comments ), attached, I see that it shows gas lock

I see that this well should be shut in several days for fluid level buildup, then should perform hitting by crane, run well with minimum DHP spacing, also decreasing SPM. DHP size should be decreased & its depth should be deepened in the next workover.

Details :
- Onshore Beam pumping well
- DHP : 2.25" RHAC @ about 3450' ( below perfs by about 15' )
- Recent history of FL is ( close to DHP ), pumping off. ( well was producing @ these times )
- Well stopped production days ago
- The attached dynamometer test was done in the same day at which well became not producing, fluid level @ this time was 250' above DHP
- Performed hitting by crane, ran well with slight tap in downstroke, still no production ( made slight overpull, confirmed normal rod string weight & DHP is attached to rod string )

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bebopetro47

Post by bebopetro47 »

Hi, according to the description, it could look like a tubing leak situation. You could always do a pressure test on the tubing string by pumping clean water through the tubing and see if it holds pressure after a couple of minutes (10-20 min).

Hope it helps!
bebopetro47

Post by bebopetro47 »

Second dynacard could mean a severe gas lock. And with that pump tapping there, it seems strange that you are not breaking the gas-lock. I would recommend pumping fluid down the annulus (if there is no packer) and start the pumping unit once you have pumped a couple of barrels. Check if the pumps works under a full liquid load

Hope it helps.