Jet Pump well thermal modelling - any software or approach?

Gravel Pack, Artificial lifting systems, Vertical Lift Performance and Well bore problems.......

Moderator: Production

AlbertG
LinkedIn Profile: Albert Gaysin

Jet Pump well thermal modelling - any software or approach?

Post by AlbertG »

Hello,
I am looking for software which is capable to model a well with Jet Pump, to estimate a temperature profile of producing fluid from the pump outlet to wellhead for the given parameters of power fluid: injection temperature, injection rate, fluid properties.The software we currently use is not capable to take into account the temperature of power fluid, nor heat exchange between the oppositely directed flows in a annulus and tubing. It also has a limitation which is not allowing accurate temperature calculations for the well equipped with a jet pump in the case of using Enthalpy Balance model. So we had to create our own way to resolve the task using that software: we took some assumptions to simplify the task and divided the task for component parts (step-by-step heat exchange calculation between the system elements - which is time consuming). I wonder if there are any other existing solutions for that kinds of tasks? Thank you in advance!
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Jet Pump well thermal modelling - any software or approa

Post by FANARCO »

AlbertG wrote:Hello,
I am looking for software which is capable to model a well with Jet Pump, to estimate a temperature profile of producing fluid from the pump outlet to wellhead for the given parameters of power fluid: injection temperature, injection rate, fluid properties.The software we currently use is not capable to take into account the temperature of power fluid, nor heat exchange between the oppositely directed flows in a annulus and tubing. It also has a limitation which is not allowing accurate temperature calculations for the well equipped with a jet pump in the case of using Enthalpy Balance model. So we had to create our own way to resolve the task using that software: we took some assumptions to simplify the task and divided the task for component parts (step-by-step heat exchange calculation between the system elements - which is time consuming). I wonder if there are any other existing solutions for that kinds of tasks? Thank you in advance!
In oil market, the Jet pump is not very common and its software is not used in a wide range.

Originally, we size the Jet pump with a very small software by Weatherford (under Dos) or another Dos application by OilWell.

Depends on the Jet pump supplier and ALL of these applications are very limited in term of functionality.

Recently PROSPER added a jet pump to their artificial lifting options.

You can try to use PROSPER and it will give you the temperature profile versus depth.

Looks you are talking about heavy oil wells.

I can share with you my experience in Jet Pump as well as thermal recovery wells.
mrgmm

Re: Jet Pump well thermal modelling - any software or approa

Post by mrgmm »

Which software you are using....