Gravel pack Job

Gravel Pack, Artificial lifting systems, Vertical Lift Performance and Well bore problems.......

Moderator: Production

ag69905

Gravel pack Job

Post by ag69905 »

After a gravel pack job has been reduced the FTHP from 1700 to 700 psi.
The reservoir is almost 10 ft thick, and it is composed by fluvial sand and a bit of shale.
The proposal was to stimulate with acid job. The design has been set using well cuttings.

My fear is to put a lot of gallon inside the formation and create an additional skin.

Is there any body experienced in this treatment?

thank you
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gravel pack Job

Post by FANARCO »

you almost damaged the formation by frac.
this may be improper frac design
try to design an acid frac by asking many contractor like bj, halliburton and schlumberger and if all agreed with the same design go ahead.
for fluvial sand usually, the formation is very heterogeneus .
be careful
ag69905

Re: Gravel pack Job

Post by ag69905 »

FANARCO,

The funny things was that we have performed two gravel packs with different companies the first Hulli ... and the other Bak....., the reservoirs were different, one with acquifer the second without and the final losses were the same ... from 1700 psi to 700 psi of FTHP. In one case we did the acid job and we eliminate the water block gaining 500 psi FTHP. The second case that is our problem in these days do not have acquifer and as I told you is a bit dirty. The losses during gravel pack completion were more than 1000 BBL but now we are up 1500 BBl and no evidence to give up producing brine.... I hope to do aa good Job just to prevent my cut.

Regards