Differance between Pipesim and Prosper

Gravel Pack, Artificial lifting systems, Vertical Lift Performance and Well bore problems.......

Moderator: Production

abdelfattahEtman

Differance between Pipesim and Prosper

Post by abdelfattahEtman »

Dears;

It will be highly appreciated if anyone can advice the differnace between the two softwares of Pipesim and Prosper and which is the best for Nodal analysis for purchasing
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

My opinion is that two software are closed to each others but there are more options in prosper:

- it is considered as the market leader in Petroleum industry for nodal analysis (even Schlumberger use it).
- Compatible with other packages like IPM suite, Eclipse VIP ... etc.
- More correlations for VLP and multiphase flow than Pipesim.
- Possibility to draw different multiple correlation curves in one chart for comparison dislike Pipesim.
- Can model all artificial lifting systems including Jet Pump dislike Pipesim.

That is enough.....
abdelfattahEtman

Thanks alot Mr.Fanaraco

Hope everything is Ok with you
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Ezzayak ua Abdel Fattah.
R u still in East Zeit ???
abdelfattahEtman

Yes I am Still in East Zeit.

Is your cell phone number still the same I have
Samir

Post by Samir »

For MBal in IPM suit, I need:
-Tutorial Examples like what is there with Prosper (Examples for Prosper I do have them)
-Quick Start Guide for MBal
Note : I have MBal installed on my laptop but I am missing the above.
Anybody can help! Thank you
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

There is already opened thread for MBAL tutorial in Conventional reservoir engineering section.

About the prosper, it is planned to make a new thread for it but after finishing Crystal Ball tutorial.
Samir

Post by Samir »

Can you please give me the link to that section , Thank you
ag69905

Re: Differance between Pipesim and Prosper

Post by ag69905 »

I am differently from FANARCO better oriented to PIPESIM. Last presentation and comparation at MOC Alexandria between two products was in favor of PIPESIM, and OFM can be the database linked. Furthermore Olga is a very good software to calculate water loading and work specificly in PS.

HI
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

ag69905 wrote:I am differently from FANARCO better oriented to PIPESIM. Last presentation and comparation at MOC Alexandria between two products was in favor of PIPESIM, and OFM can be the database linked. Furthermore Olga is a very good software to calculate water loading and work specificly in PS.

HI
still prosper is the market leader for VLP and nodal analysis and a lot of features not present in pipesim
ofm only store the files.
for OLGA is the flow assurance software and different than these two software
ag69905

Post by ag69905 »

Yes Fanarco,

Olga is different software but it can be integrated in PIPESIM. For example the water loading in a deviated condensate and gas well calculated between prosper and Olga is different. For the same example Prosper says 6 MMSCf Olga 12 MMScf as critical flow rate.

... Also the calculation of the Bottom Hole pressure starting from the static well head pressure in the two softaware shows a really big difference in favour of Pipesim, while prosper seems to be less accurate.

Regards
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

ag69905 wrote:Yes Fanarco,

Olga is different software but it can be integrated in PIPESIM. For example the water loading in a deviated condensate and gas well calculated between prosper and Olga is different. For the same example Prosper says 6 MMSCf Olga 12 MMScf as critical flow rate.

... Also the calculation of the Bottom Hole pressure starting from the static well head pressure in the two softaware shows a really big difference in favour of Pipesim, while prosper seems to be less accurate.

Regards
Try to use OLGA with any reservoir engineering package like simulation or Material balance software..
Hosam25

Post by Hosam25 »

It is 4 years since my last use of prosper & pipesim, but I remember these differences :

* In pipesim, you can draw a sketch of the model, I think this point is not so good in prosper.
* While building the model, reservoir related inputs are more in prpsper than pipesim.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Hosam25 wrote:It is 4 years since my last use of prosper & pipesim, but I remember these differences :

* In pipesim, you can draw a sketch of the model, I think this point is not so good in prosper.
* While building the model, reservoir related inputs are more in prpsper than pipesim.

Hello Hosam,,

These two software are not for drawing wellbore sketch or so, they are a Nodal Analysis tools.

For reservoir related input if you try different models of IPR in Prosper you will find a lot. :) :) :) :)