Eclipse

All Reservoir Simulation aspects

Moderator: Simulation_team

anonake

Eclipse

Post by anonake »

Hey guys,

Is it possible to show the gravity capillary viscous forces? how is that done? Also how can one see PV injected?

Thanks
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Eclipse

Post by FANARCO »

You mean pore volume of injection fluids ???

You can see it on animation of PETREL in 2 & 3D

But capillary pressure for each cell let me check.
anonake

Post by anonake »

Hi Fanarco,
I would like to see how my recovery is impacted by the injected PV yes. I have only just started learning petrel so I don't know how to use my eclipse data file to show that on petrel. Is it possible to show it in eclipse results?
I have attached my file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

anonake wrote:Hi Fanarco,
I would like to see how my recovery is impacted by the injected PV yes. I have only just started learning petrel so I don't know how to use my eclipse data file to show that on petrel. Is it possible to show it in eclipse results?
I have attached my file.
Every this is possible, Don't worry bro.

I will open the file and see what is going on
anonake

Post by anonake »

Model is attached

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

anonake wrote:Hi Fanarco,
I have attached my file.

anonake,,,

please refer to this tutorial on how to open any eclipse project in PETREL.....

http://www.fanarco.net/bb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3473
anonake

Post by anonake »

Hey

I think I have managed to get a graph for the PV injected. The question now is how to compare my forces such as the capillary gravity and viscous? I don't know what I may be missing in order to see that

Thanks
adrian

Post by adrian »

anonake wrote:Hey

I think I have managed to get a graph for the PV injected. The question now is how to compare my forces such as the capillary gravity and viscous? I don't know what I may be missing in order to see that

Thanks
anonake,,,

is it possible to share a screen shot for your PV injected graph to be inline with us...
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

I'm in the process with Schlumberger to assist in this issue..
anonake

Post by anonake »

adrian wrote:

Thanks
anonake,,,

is it possible to share a screen shot for your PV injected graph to be inline with us...
Hey adrian,

check the attachment, hopefully it is correct
anonake

Post by anonake »

FANARCO wrote:I'm in the process with Schlumberger to assist in this issue..
Ok thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

below is what is mentioned in ECLIPSE reference manual regarding capillary force option:

If the Vertical Equilibrium option is being used (keyword VE in the RUNSPEC section), this keyword can be used to specify the relative fractions of rock capillary pressure curve and VE pseudo capillary pressure used in the run.

The value of VEFRACP can either be specified as a single parameter for the whole field using this keyword, or it can be specified on a cell-by-cell basis using the VEFRACPV keyword. The
corresponding keywords VEFRAC and VEFRACV can be used to specify the relative fractions of the rock and VE curves for relative permeabilities.

• DEFAULT: 1.0

If the default value is taken, capillary pressures derived from the Vertical Equilibrium Model are used, replacing the rock curves entered using keywords such as SWFN.

By setting VEFRACP to a value less than 1.0, it is possible to mix the VE and rock curves; a fraction (1.0 - VEFRACP) of the rock curve and VEFRACP of the VE curve is taken.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

In your plot you created a curve between Fraction of total oil produced by water influx FORFW on x axis and Recovery factor so far FOE.

This graph doesn't reflect the PV injected.

n.b.: is the attached pic represent your model ???
anonake

Post by anonake »

Hey
So what keyword would it be then? yes that's the model
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

So what keyword would it be then? yes that's the model

There is no keyword for the percent of oil production due to Capillary gravity and viscous forces in ECLIPSE