Cole Plot in MBAL

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

umair.shafeeq

Cole Plot in MBAL

Post by umair.shafeeq »

[glow=red]P/Z trend of my dry gas reservoir is showing strong water support i.e deviation from straight line. Cole plot on MBAL is also showing incrasing trend. But the production of the well does not show any water indication. On MBAL, I have tried to match different water models but not any one of them is matching i.e Cole plot does not become horizontal. Can anybody tell me what can I do in this case to estimate GIIP and Water enchroachment of this well?
malafat

Post by malafat »

Do you think your pressure measurements are correct?
also what is the production period? it is not necessary that you will start producing water at the begining.
Also did you consider any other pressure support from may be another fault block which is not fully sealing?
finally Do you mind sharing a little bit more detail?
umair.shafeeq

Post by umair.shafeeq »

The well has produced 25 BCF in 4 years. P data seems to be ok. Reservoir sand distribution in not very clear. Could it be the justification that some other gas tank is giving support in terms of pressure? Even after enough shut in time, the static bottomhole pressure was not stable. P/Z GIIP is quite high as compared to static. Usually the case should be reverse?
Bilal Amjad

Post by Bilal Amjad »

is there any GWC? check the completion interval of your well. Your reservoir has single well?
Check the low dip wells, can you check the trend of water content in gas ?
What temperature and pressure your well is at?
Bilal Amjad
Reservoir Engineering Consultant
Bilal Amjad

Post by Bilal Amjad »

Bilal Amjad
Reservoir Engineering Consultant
umair.shafeeq

Post by umair.shafeeq »

No GWC developed.....Only single producer in that sand..WGR around 0.1. My question is what could be the other possible reasons for P/Z trend to move upward other than water drive. And if the water drive is present, How the strength of the aquifer can be matched..??I have tried all aquifer models.