Condensate reservoir

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

elly

Condensate reservoir

Post by elly »

Hi every one,

I'm just wondering if any one have an Idea of
1. the most important PVT properties of a High pressure, high temperature condensate reservoir to consider when making performance prediction?

2. Also the corresponding correlations to use in calculating them?

Looking forward to discussing these with you. Thanks alot

Elly
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

There are three sources for PVT sampling;

You can get it from MDT or Downhole sampling using WireLine/E Line or Surface recombined sample.

In our case (Gas condensate Reservoir), the only valid sample should be surface recombined sample.

By producing the well at low chock size (for example 12 or 16/64") and you should have a stabilized surface condition (Qo, Qg, WHP, WHT ..... etc.) for at least 8 hours

At the end of this flowing period, you can take two oil samples and two gas samples and send them to PVT lab for recombination..

Please tell me your test results.
elly

Post by elly »

Thanks. Though this is not a practical work, its a project topic I'm writing about.
gurbuz

Post by gurbuz »

sorry I couldnt understand one point.
if you have mdt samples and surface samples, which one would be more accurate?(assuming both were taken in ideal conditions)
here are three sources for PVT sampling;

You can get it from MDT or Downhole sampling using WireLine/E Line or Surface recombined sample.

In our case (Gas condensate Reservoir), the only valid sample should be surface recombined sample.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

In Gas Condensate reservoir the surface recombined sample should be more accurate
gurbuz

Post by gurbuz »

In Gas Condensate reservoir the surface recombined sample should be more accurate
I would agree on that only if you dont have a representative bottom hole sample.
If you have uncontaminated MDT sample or if you have bottom hole sample which was collected at higher pressure than dew point why shouldnt it be reliable?