MBAL for material balance calculations step by step tutorial

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Re: MBAL for material balance calculations step by step tuto

Post by FANARCO »

Any body have a real data for gas reservoir to apply MBE
Privi

Post by Privi »

Hi Fanarco,

There is only one production profile in the excel sheet. you mentioned that there are production data for the two wells Gamma-1 and Gamma-3. Can you please send us the production profile for the other well.

Tq.
huongbtt
LinkedIn Profile: huongbtt

Post by huongbtt »

Dear friends,
I am woking on MBAL for gas reservoir without production history data. My job is base on GIIP, PVT data, reservoir properties to predict gas, condensate and water.
I want to know how to predict gas and water produced together. I tried to do but It is show that gas and condensate produced without water.
Anybody help me

Thanks
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

huongbtt wrote:Dear friends,
I am woking on MBAL for gas reservoir without production history data. My job is base on GIIP, PVT data, reservoir properties to predict gas, condensate and water.
I want to know how to predict gas and water produced together. I tried to do but It is show that gas and condensate produced without water.
Anybody help me

Thanks
Try to change both water aquifer model as well as Relative permeability data..
Mirmae

Post by Mirmae »

Hey fanarco,
Thank you for this interesting tuto thread, as you promised to make another tuto regarding gas wells, can you please do that ?
PS: It would have been perfect if all the images and instructions were assembled in one pdf file.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Mirmae wrote:Hey fanarco,
Thank you for this interesting tuto thread, as you promised to make another tuto regarding gas wells, can you please do that ?
PS: It would have been perfect if all the images and instructions were assembled in one pdf file.
Great to hear a reminder.

If you have any gas reservoir data we can work on it, otherwise i will check with my colleagues.

I prefer to make a new thread for Gas case
Mirmae

Post by Mirmae »

No, sorry all i have is oil wells for now.
Please refer us to the new thread with a comment here if you ever make it and manage to get some gas wells data.
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Mirmae wrote:No, sorry all i have is oil wells for now.
Please refer us to the new thread with a comment here if you ever make it and manage to get some gas wells data.
Very soon will start this thread :D :D :D :D
Shaho

Post by Shaho »

Hi Fanarco,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the great effort you have done in this post.

I am facing a problem while running the Analytical method where it displays an error " the initial pressure of tank Nubia 2165 psig cannot be less than the bubble point pressure 3174.64 psig calculated at the tank temperature 171 deg f. Please check your PVT."

Could you please inform me what is the issue and if you have faced the same issue ?

Thank you in advance
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Yes,
It is the common issue of MBAL
If your reservoir pressure less than the bubble point you should have a gas cap in your reservoir.
What i suggest for you is to tell the software either you have a saturated reservoir with gas cap included or put the reservoir pressure typically as bubble point pressure.
Since Nubia reservoir is a deep horizon commonly in Gulf of Suez there is a gs cap with light oil