ASK (DISCUSS) CROSS FLOW

Well Test Analysis, Pressure and Production Monitoring........ etc.

Moderator: moderators

muchiniku

ASK (DISCUSS) CROSS FLOW

Post by muchiniku »

Guys,
Please help me. I have a series questions of cross-flow.
1. How can it happen?
2. Why it can happen?
3. What indication and parameters that can show our well will be cross-flowing from other wells/reservoir.
4. If I have 2 different reservoir, with thick shale between them, is there any chance for cross-flowing.

Thanks
Bang Gaol

Re: ASK (DISCUSS) CROSS FLOW

Post by Bang Gaol »

muchiniku wrote: 1. How can it happen?
2. Why it can happen?
3. What indication and parameters that can show our well will be cross-flowing from other wells/reservoir.
4. If I have 2 different reservoir, with thick shale between them, is there any chance for cross-flowing.
Hei muchiniku,
Crossflow, somehow happens when there are two layers with different characteristics and there ain't no comparments between them. It's caused by good vertical permeability between the layers (of course if there's no thick shale layer, it could block the cross flow).
One thing to ensure it happens is to conduct the PLT (production logging tool). It shows from the result (ask the production engineer about this).

And you can calculate the AOF if only one layer exists and two layers are commingled. If the AOF of two commingled layers < AOF of one layer, is an indication of crossflow.

I hope this could help.

Regards 8)
Brainmolester

Post by Brainmolester »

beautifully said!!! ;