anyhow TNX
kp2007

Post by kp2007 »

Thank a lot
hsperry

drlling supervisor

Post by hsperry »

hello,

I am currently making a survey on petroleum jobs for the economic paper of my school (Les Mines of Saint-Etienne, France) for the next publishing and i feel very lost in account of the complexity of the field. This is the reason why i'm writing to you. If it does not disturb you, could you specify to me the working environment of a drilling supervisor : approximatively, does he follow a rotational schedule with missions for different companies or does he work for one company in particular? Which kind of company is used to employing a drilling supervisor : oil services companies or oil's companies? what is the average income of a drilling supervisor?
I would be very appreciative with your answer.

Yours sincerely,

Hugo Sperry
udalram

Post by udalram »

Dear Hugo,

A Drilling Supervisor is normally deputed to supervise the day to day operation on a Drilling Rig.The deployment of the drilling rig can be either onshore( land rigs) or offshore( Jack ups or Drillships).On land it can be located in the most hostile deserts of Africa or Middle East or in deep forests or on an agricultural landscape.

But normally the environment of a drilling supervisor is quite difficult.It is made for people who love working with challenging and tough environmental situations.

Now a days in most companies worldwide a DS works on 35days ON and 35 days OFF rotational schedule.He works on contract with a company for 1-2 years or the contract can be as brief for a period as 3 to 6 months even.But normally it is for 1-2 years and then depending on the operators requirement can be extended further.Employment of the drilling supervisors is done by the Drilling Co. OR the Operators.Service Co., if working for the Operator on a turnkey basis can employ drilling supervisors.

A good Co. for example pay the drilling supervisor in the range of 1200 to 1600 US $ per day.This is called the day rate.For example in my Co.we are paying drilling supervisors a day rate of $1800.But the payment is for the number of days worked. They are also paid business class air fare from their home town to the site.

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards,

Udal