EOR: Enhanced Oil Recovery

All topics related to EOR like CO2, Thermal hydrocarbon Recovery, WAG, SAGD, Microbial, Polymer flooding ....etc

Moderator: moderators

FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

EOR: Enhanced Oil Recovery

Post by FANARCO »

The Three Stages of Oil Field Development

Enhanced Oil Recovery occurs after all possible oil is pumped out of the ground using traditional methods. Primary and secondary steps in the extraction of oil include the traditional
methods while the tertiary step includes oil recovery in new, enhanced methods such as CO2 injection
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Re: EOR: Enhanced Oil Recovery

Post by FANARCO »

Primary Recovery

Primary recovery produces oil and gas using the natural pressure of the reservoir as the driving force to push the material to the surface. Wells are often ‘stimulated’ through the injection of fluids, which fracture the hydrocarbonbearing formation to improve the flow of oil and gas from the reservoir to the wellhead.

Secondary Recovery

Secondary recovery uses other mechanisms – such as gas re-injection and water flooding – to produce residual oil and gas remaining after the primary recovery phase.

Tertiary Recovery

Tertiary recovery involves injecting other gases (such as carbon dioxide), or heat (steam or hot water) to stimulate oil and gas flow to produce remaining fluids that were not extracted during primary or secondary recovery phases.
elamin

Post by elamin »

Dears
I asking about Cyclic Steam Stimualtion (CSS) with depth about 1500 m any one have idea about that .
bforex

Post by bforex »

elamin wrote:Dears
I asking about Cyclic Steam Stimualtion (CSS) with depth about 1500 m any one have idea about that .
hello elamin,,

I've worked in ISSRAN oilfield in the Gulf of Suez, Egypt with similar conditions.

The depth ranged from 700 to 1800 m.

Dolomite with huge reserve of heavy oil 7 - 12 API.

Please check the attachment for more details (An Overview of Steam Injection Projects in Fractured Carbonate Reservoirs in the Middle East).

I recommend to open a new thread for sharing experience
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elamin

Post by elamin »

thanks