Drilling problems : Stuck Pipe

Articles, Softwares, ..... etc

Moderator: Drilling

Joseluis

Drilling problems : Stuck Pipe

Post by Joseluis »

Well i want to share my experience in drilling operations, but exactly on hole problems that happens during this operations, also i would like that everyone who get into this forum, share some ideas, questions or answers if it's the case about the topic, so start asking. If wanna know more about this! i'll be plased to help and be helped :)
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

Yes, so you are on the right place
I'm in a national oil and gas production company and we drill an appraisal well called A-15
30" Conductor driven no problem (offshore well)
26" Hole no problem and sucessfully ran 20" casing and cemented
13 3/8" casing ran successfully no problem
when we reached to the top of the formation subjected to produce called Kareem formation, the decision taked to stop drilling and run casing 9 5/8", BUT when we POOH retrieved 3 stands of 51/2" drill pipe and all the remaining string was stucked i.e. no POOH and no RIH
Several trials to POOH by circulate the well with PIPELAX but no success, pumped 1.5 bbl every half hour, no success
Ran FPIT tool by Schlumberger to depth 2142 M measured depth 89.6 % free DC no. 1 above jar
ran back off toll several times and retrieved about 80 % of the string but the bit + stabilizers + DC still in the hole

WHAT CAN WE DO, THE RIG IS WAITING RIGHT NOW
Joseluis

Post by Joseluis »

is a deviated well?. as far as i can see it's a mechanical stuck i'm rigth so hows the drillpipe tension at the surface? and do u have hole inestability problems?... be exact in the kind of stuck u have, is it differencial, key seat, ????