Perforation

Articles, Softwares, ..... etc

Moderator: Drilling

zambroata

Perforation

Post by zambroata »

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE RIGHT TIME TO PERFORATION? I'VE HEARD THAT WE CAN ONLY DO PERFORATION ON DAYLIGHT AND NOT ON NIGHTIME, IS THAT TRUE?
X880862531X

Post by X880862531X »

[align=justify]The daylight time is preferred. This may be because of the danger of the Perforation process as it needs taking care and following some precautions such as :

[highlight=yellow]- Making a safety meeting before the perforation.
- Turnning off all cell phones and radios.
- Turning off engines and cars.
- Being sure that there is no car or truck moving near the site.
- The number of people standing beside the well must be decreased as possible.
- The detonator is attached to the gun as late as possible.
- Taking care when moving the gun and preventing its fall or collision with any other object.
- Being sure that the gun is far from heat and wireless waves.
-
-
-[/highlight]

I think that the daylight time is preferred because of all theses reasons. I don't know if the perforation process can be done in night or not, I will ask then tell u.[/align]
Best regards,
[highlight=yellow]Hosam[/highlight]
Forum administration member

Petroleum engineering B.Sc

3-2010 : 3-2011
Assistant petroleum production consultant

3-2011 till now
Well completion & workover supervisor
mjavad77

Post by mjavad77 »

The perforations can be done during night once the guns are RIH at day light. But it depends on company policy as well. You should take into account your company policy whether it allows you to conduct perforations job after daylight or not. One has to take all the precuatinary measures while perforating as mentioned by the moderator above.
X880862531X

Post by X880862531X »

mjavad77 wrote:The perforations can be done during night once the guns are RIH at day light. But it depends on company policy as well. You should take into account your company policy whether it allows you to conduct perforations job after daylight or not. One has to take all the precuatinary measures while perforating as mentioned by the moderator above.
Thank u dear. :wink:
Best regards,
[highlight=yellow]Hosam[/highlight]
Forum administration member

Petroleum engineering B.Sc

3-2010 : 3-2011
Assistant petroleum production consultant

3-2011 till now
Well completion & workover supervisor
Joseluis

Daylight perforation? why not

Post by Joseluis »

In fact, besides the caution that is implisit on almost every operation during well construction, the explosives requires to be handled with care and of course qith the better conditions of visibility.

And the one that i think is the more important, is that u need to hear the explosives detonation, if u do the perforation at night u should keep eelectric generators ON! an those make noise and can mask the detonation.