Testing AntiVirus software

All Computer and Internet related topics
X880862531X

Testing AntiVirus software

Post by X880862531X »

Dear friends,

Congratulations on openning this new subforum ( computer & internet section ) and I am glad to post the first topic in it. I will do my best to post valuable & rarely known posts in this new forum.

Imagelet's start with this topic ..... Testing AntiVirus software

We will create a fake virus to test the antivirus software.. These r the steps :

1- Create a new text file and copy paste this phrase to it : X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

2- Save the file.

3 - Change the file extension to ( com ).

4 - Change the file name to eicar.

!!! NoW, U have finished making the test virus ( fake virus ) !!! ,
--
ImageThis virus is just a test virus & have no harmful effects

ImageAfter doing the above steps, Yr antivirus software will show an alert saying that this file is detected as a virus called ( eicar test file ).

ImageThe alert may be shown after the first step & before doing the other steps. This depends on the antivirus software that u use.

ImageThe alert proves that the antivirus software is working.

Imagefor more information about this virus, check www.eicar.org .. or search google for this phrase : eicar test file ... Also, u can ask me.

---------------
---------------

ImageI knew this matter while surfing the internet & I am sure that few people know it.

ImageTry 2 do the steps, I am waiting yr reply with the result.

-----
----
---
--
-
Best wishes & regards
I hope u benefit from this topic
GoodBye.
Best regards,
[highlight=yellow]Hosam[/highlight]
Forum administration member

Petroleum engineering B.Sc

3-2010 : 3-2011
Assistant petroleum production consultant

3-2011 till now
Well completion & workover supervisor
Brainmolester

Post by Brainmolester »

It works.... I tried it and it deleted the file ...i GUESS my *aked Antivirus works.......can anyone share what antivirus is used the most?!?!??! that will be very helpful... if anyone has a 'freecopy' pleaseshare it with the others....
X880862531X

Post by X880862531X »

Brainmolester wrote:It works.... I tried it and it deleted the file ...i GUESS my *aked Antivirus works.......can anyone share what antivirus is used the most?!?!??! that will be very helpful... if anyone has a 'freecopy' pleaseshare it with the others....
ImageIn my opinion : The best 3 companies providing antivirus software r : bitdefender, kaspersky, eset

ImageI prefer eset & kaspersky .. Eset is the best 1 for old or slow computers

ImageThere r also other good antivirus software. but generally the best in my opinion r eset & kaspersky.

ImageMy problem with eset products is that it need cracks & I don't recommend using cracks with antivirus software, It may affect its efficiency.

ImageSo, I recommend u 2 use kaspersky as I found a way to use it without cracks.

ImageU can download the latest version of kaspersky internet security 7 ( trial ) from :

ftp://dnl-eu10.kaspersky-labs.com/produ ... .325en.exe

or

http://rapidshare.com/files/121895699/k ... .325en.exe

Image& get a license ( key ) file from the table in this link

http://www.kavkiskey.com/DownLoad/?File ... 215026.key

Whenever u get a message saying that the key is not suitable, try another one..

ImageI am waiting replies and questions.
Best regards,
[highlight=yellow]Hosam[/highlight]
Forum administration member

Petroleum engineering B.Sc

3-2010 : 3-2011
Assistant petroleum production consultant

3-2011 till now
Well completion & workover supervisor
Brainmolester

Post by Brainmolester »

Great!!!! I like your reply..... but I used Kav before for about 2 yeas and thought it was great!!!!!I looked hard for a key files and so I found one for 3 years.....i used it.... about 1 year ago it got spotted and it was black listed!! It sucks!!! especially when I had it installed on several computers including my dad's and my girlfriends, thinking I was cool... so I had to change them all to something more simple... NOW I AM USING SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS. Make sure you use the version before the norton association with them... it is usually called symantec 9 or 10. This version has no limits on time and it is about 35 megs and it updates automatically from the internet.... I think this version is great!!! Up to you people to try it.... I really recommend it, especially that it works for xp and vista... Please post more interesting antivirus softs.....I uploaded 2 version.. try them and enjoy..http://www.4shared.com/dir/4754740/d3f6 ... aring.html
gusgon

Post by gusgon »

First of all, I think it is an excellent idea to extend the coverage of the web page.
Thanks for that Fanarco.
Regarding antivirus softawares I was having some problems updating the one I got, and a friend of mine advise me about a very good one, IT'S FREE, and updates itself every day. It is AVG.
For downloading:

http://free.grisoft.com/

There is the free version that have the basics and the full version. The free version keeps your computer free of viruses and troyans

Give a try, and let me know how do you like it.
grmaryp

Post by grmaryp »

Thanks a lot, I found it very useful to me!

---------------------
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Post by FANARCO »

[quote="grmaryp"]Thanks a lot, I found it very useful to me!

---------------------

You are welcome