Recovering files from usb drives

All Computer and Internet related topics
Hosam25

Recovering files from usb drives

Post by Hosam25 »

Hello,

Please I need help :

A common problem with usb drives, a message appears saying that the drive need formatting. In this case, you can't access your files existing on the drive, you will lose it if you format.

Some of the ways that may help in recovering these files are :
- Try accessing the drive from another computer.
- if problem still exists, run windows check disk to check this drive for errors.
- if problem still exists, use a recovery software to recover files to another disk and format the usb drive.

Does anybody know a better solution ?

Concerning recovery software, what is the best one?
FANARCO
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Recovering files from usb drives

Post by FANARCO »

Hosam25 wrote:Hello,

Please I need help :

A common problem with usb drives, a message appears saying that the drive need formatting. In this case, you can't access your files existing on the drive, you will lose it if you format.

Some of the ways that may help in recovering these files are :
- Try accessing the drive from another computer.
- if problem still exists, run windows check disk to check this drive for errors.
- if problem still exists, use a recovery software to recover files to another disk and format the usb drive.

Does anybody know a better solution ?

Concerning recovery software, what is the best one?
I faced with the same problem before
If i remember i used software NC running on DOC reveal ALL files even hidden files in damaged drive
But i searched for it but couldn't find it..
rocky700

Re: Recovering files from usb drives

Post by rocky700 »

I have also tried to recover the files from a USB drive and I have followed your steps and that worked. I have also used a recovery software but the recovered files are not compatible with the system. So. I have gone through your process and it helped.